Testimony Tuesday!

Testimony to healthy dogs!


Santee's story:
Written by owner Pam Blaco, Florida
Last year in May 2012, my 12-year-old Labrador Santee, had what I thought was a tumor inside his nostril. It was causing him difficultly breathing. Plus he was having tremors at least 7 or 8 times a day. They didn’t last long but were very concerning; as sometimes he would just fall over. When he started having the tremors his vet here could not give me any answers. That is when I decided to take him to the University of Florida Vet School to have him diagnosed.

Santee was sent immediately to the oncology dept where a vet looked at him took him away for blood tests, and x-rays. His white blood count was extremely alleviated which was a big concern. Once he was returned to me they told me they were certain he had cancer and they needed to do more testing which would be in the amount of $2500 to $5000. Once they completed all those tests they recommended that he have chemotherapy starting right away and be put on several different cancer drugs at a cost of $12,000 to $15,000. After all of this they told me this treatment would only extend his life by 6 months. The side effects from doing this to my sweet Lab were astronomical. They could not tell me why Santee was having the tremors. It was discussed that the cancer he had was spreading into his brain causing the tremors and he needed to start the treatment right away.

When I left that day I told the Vet School that I would have to discuss all of this with my husband especially the cost of all these procedures and the side effects for Santee. Of course I was not going to put my 12-year-old sweet Lab boy through all that pain and suffering at this late stage of his life. I decide to keep him as comfortable as I could and wait and see.

I had just met Ann Chase, of Honor Goldens last April 2012; I was in the process of adopting one of her beautiful Golden puppies. Ann and I hit it off immediately and started talking about the health and well being of the pup I was about to adopt from her.

While I was waiting for my new puppy to arrive I told Ann I had a very sweet 12-year-old Lab Santee, who was having serious health issues. Ann wanted to help me with Santee.

We started using Vitamin C, turmeric, Colloidal Silver and other natural products. I started giving Santee, peroxide baths; he would soak in the bath for 45 minutes 3 times a week. Several other things Ann suggested I do were to give Santee maple syrup and Baking Soda everyday. She told me it would help kill the diseased cancer cells in his body. I began to see a huge difference in him. He was getting better! The tumor was shrinking, the tremors were coming less and less and Santee felt like a young dog again. He had a job to do. Help me raise Quinn our new puppy.

It is now July 2013, Santee is alive and well, I just had a vet pull a new blood test on him and he called me with the results. He asked me what I had been doing with Santee. He couldn’t believe the results of his blood test. He told me his blood work looked better than a 2-year-old dog!

All because I took the time and listened to my heart and someone who has Gods ear… Now Santee is doing great except for some stiffness in his joints and it is getting a little harder for him to get up, but the tremors are almost non-existent and his nose is completely clear. Santee is 13 1/2 years old now and still has some lessons to teach us all. He has been a great mentor to my new puppy Quinn who is in training to help Autistic children find their way through our world. Santee is a retired Service Dog from Canine Companions for Independence.

Thank you, and God Bless, Pamela Blaco Hollywood, Florida